Tuesday, 15 September 2015


Careers Blog Post #2


I would say my friends and family have definitely shaped my life is some type of way over the years that I have known them. When I first met Callie (grade 1) and Katelyn (grade 3) they were both super smart and were always the teachers favourites. At that time in my life, school wasn’t my biggest concern. I hung out with them a lot more and often in class I would be partners with them while doing class work. They would help me out and keep me focused therefore my work ethics began to improve and I kept trying harder. Every since then I have taken school more seriously and I am doing much better and caring much more then I was before I met them.
When I met Georgia she was super outgoing and I wasn’t so much. She loved being with big groups of people and staying out late just having a good time. Once her and I became close I started to tag along with her and her older brother. I began to be less concerned and stressed about things and just loosen up. Now I love going out and just having a good time with no worries in the world. If I could choose to do anything on a night where I am free it would definitely be to go out with a bunch of people. If I hadn’t of met her I wouldn’t be as social and I think that would change how others viewed me and what type of future I am interested in.

I have known Abigal since I was born. Our families went to high school and then owned a business together. She is a year older than me and I have spent so much time with her. As I grew up I often acted older than my age because my childhood best friend was older then me. I wanted to be just like her and we honestly are like the same type of person now. We both love sports, the same restaurants, stores, and people think we are sisters. If I hadn’t of met her I don’t think I would be as mature as I was at a young age and wouldn't of grown up the same. 
Lastly, if I didn’t have my younger sister Chantelle I don’t think I would be so caring. She has always looked up to me every since we were little and we always did everything together. I am a much more trusting person because of her and how open she is. Although I often got annoyed that she always copied me I didn’t realize I should take it as a compliment because she wanted to be just like me. She definitely pushed my buttons but now I am more patient and understanding with my friends and family. 
I think that without these people in my life that I wouldn’t be the person I am today and I am glad that they have shaped me to be the person I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment