Thursday, 10 September 2015

What do I like or dislike about school and what should we do so that school is better for our kids

What I hate...

I hate the strict constant schedule that is basically the same everyday. We go to the same classes everyday in the same order with the same teacher and classmates. Another thing I hate is textbooks. They are heavy and bulky and not fun to carry around. If the wifi actually worked properly then we could use technology instead of textbooks. I also hate being assigned seats and assigned partners to do projects with. I want to be able to choose someone I know will pull their own weight and work hard. If I choose a bad partner then that's my fault and i'm the only one to blame not the teacher. I also hate having half lockers. In middle school we got full lockers and then we come to high school and get downgraded. lastly I think school should start later because in the morning I can't think and function as well as I can later in the day. It would make sense to have sports in the morning and then have school start after.

What I like...

I like having a good group of friends at school that I can trust and have a good time with. I also like having semesters so we only have to focus on four subjects at a time.  I enjoy the classes that our school provides and the variety too. I like having spirit days where the whole school gets together and does some kind of activity or sports thing because it introduces you to new people who aren't in your classes.  I also like how lunch is at the same time for everyone so you can socialize with everyone and not just people in your grade.

I think to make the school better for my children that technology should be used as much as possible. its good to get them comfortable with technology at an early age because they are going to be using it for the rest of their life. I would also like to see there be more spirit days and for their to be more of a variety and change within the days of the week so they don't get stuck in a boring routine day after day.

No comments:

Post a Comment